Saturday, October 4, 2008

And now clean Railway platforms


.... But before you think any further, I am referring to mostly platforms in South India which I found to be much cleaner than those in the North. I wonder why it is so.

Take a look at the Secunderababd station (Picture above) where you can clearly see the shop's reflections on the floor. I was amazed to find the platform clean even at 8:00 am; there were no signs of cobwebs either on the ceiling and I have a photo to prove that.


What also caught my attention was the cleaning lady who was armed with a trolley like dustbin and a broom so that she could sweep in the litter straight into the bin. Now isn't that a smart way!
(Incidentally the train standing in the background is the Rajdhani and you can notice Airtel Ad covering the train's exterior completely. Read more about it in my previous blog : Toilet Paper Aboard Indian Railways.)


I came across a signboard that said 'This station is under surveillance', and I didn't see any reason to doubt it. Obviously someone was keeping an eye on errant passengers throwing rubbish wayside.

Way to go Indian Railways! How about emulating this in other stations across India?

1 comment:

Deepon said...

Yes, i agree with what u want to say....

perhaps what you have seen is rare thing in railway stations....
maybe other stations are not that lucky, but still we can take it as a small step taken by the railway authority in a broader point of view.....

we can only hope for the best.


But one more thing i'd like to mention that somewhere we people are also responsible for dirty stations.....

may be we can find a better half of ourselves.....