Friday, October 3, 2008

Ada Hind Ki: Good name, could add personality

"Ada Hind Ki" - With a name like that for a restaurant, you are bound to get curious. I went with the expectation of seeing something Rustic or Hindustani, but the decor was average. Anyways what it lacked in spirit, they made it up with taste. And I am not complaining.

The address is : No.3 Home Elegance, Museum Road, Bangalore. Just above In China restaurant.

First let me tell you what I liked about this restaurant which serves North Indian (Awadhi, Gujarati, Punjabi, etc).

1. Easy reservation - Booked for a table for 11 on a Saturday, for a family get together.

2. Easy Parking - I didnt have to scamper around for parking on a Saturday on a busy Church Street! Even my guests got easy parking in the hotel's basement. (Makes me want to visit the place more often just for the free parking!)

3. Good Seating - The seating arrangement couldnt be helped as we were a large team. The management handled our large troupe rather well I must say, getting our orders right at one go. Scores another point from me on that!

4. Feel at home - Incidentally my sister in law had a 4 month old baby to nurse and as expected the baby got cranky just about dinner time. The hotel staff helped her settle in a separate room away from public view. Now that doesnt happen in most restaurants due to lack of space.

5. Good food - Food was tasty and masala rich. Wasnt heavy on oil, just right enough to be declared sumptious. The Lady finger curry was a delight. snacks were easy on the stomach, we ordered kababs (all veg). Try the coconut cooler, it was really innovative, so were the other mocktails.

Finally the bill was modest for a gathering of 11, coming up to almost 500 bucks per person which is not bad.

I recommend this place for a weekend dining as you can be relaxed about parking, easy reservations and great service.

Thats 4 out of five from my side for Ada Hind Ki. Gosh they even remembered my birthday and invited me for a second visit!

And yes, the Namasteys (with folded hands) were there but definitely wasnt out of place. Its good to see Indian salutation being done at restaurants and why not!

Read this review also on Burrp.com - http://bangalore.burrp.com/establishment/review/6df_5mo

No comments: